Saturday, May 11, 2024

Happy Grand Mother's Day


Happy Grand Mother's Day

Not sure if this
Quirky world celebrates
Grandmother's Day.
I choose to celebrate 
My Grandmother this
Happy Mother's day.

For, she mothered
My mother 
And the aunt - my
Mother's immediate co-sister -
When, in their teens
 they walked into
Our paternal house
As daughters in law.
My mother and the aunt
Even before their marriage 
Lost their own mothers.

Our grandmother wasn't 
A mother just to her
Own children.
Her motherhood embraced
All who came in contact.

When in the world
Mothers are Mothers
Till they turn
In laws -
Be it any law,
I see a totally 
Compassionate,
Empathetic 
Mother in my Grandmother,
Truly a role model.
Rare exceptions - in laws, any law -
may pardon me. 
Salutes to such rarity.

Pranams to Grandmother 
On this Happy Mother's day.

No comments:

Post a Comment