Tuesday, August 6, 2024

Birth -......to rebirth

பிறப்பறுக்கும் பிஞ்ஞகன்தன் பெய்கழல்கள் வெல்க

In my last visit to ISKCON, Akkarai, ECR, a young Monk took me through a pictorial presentation.  The pictures carried the life journey from birth to death,  about doing good, bad and what happens - consequential effect of doing good and bad -in our cycle of birth, death and rebirth.  And finally the Monk asked me, "So, what in this boon of our current birth to do?".

His answer is the derivative of Manickavasakar's fervent prayer :

பிறப்பறுக்கும் பிஞ்ஞகன்தன் பெய்கழல்கள் வெல்க.

He has more, and what not in His divine song சிவபுராணம்.  :

மாயப் பிறப்பு அறுக்கும் மன்னன் அடி போற்றி....

போக்குவாய் என்னைப் புகுவிப்பாய் நின் தொழும்பின்

பிறந்த பிறப்பு அறுக்கும் எங்கள் பெருமான்

மீட்டு இங்கு வந்து வினைப்பிறவி சாராமே

அல்லல் பிறவி அறுப்பானே

Hence the prayer is,
Oh, my God
Liberate me
From this
Cycle of 
Birth,
Death,
Rebirth.

No comments:

Post a Comment